Every company is on a journey. At GWS, it’s our job to move you forward.
When a multi-national imaging and electronics company decided to modernize its image and expand its product offerings – but downsize its locations – GWS partnered with an American supply retailer to facilitate this evolution in the company’s identity. We led weekly meetings with our customer and our partner to discuss budgeting, scheduling, and scope of services for each project.
By the numbers: In 24 months, we moved 125 locations. Over the 5-year relationship, we completed 350 projects in over 40 states.
The GWS Difference:
- We decommissioned spaces ranging from 998 square feet to 111,442 square feet.
- We completed full decommissions of 140 locations, and provided move management and partial decommission for 160 locations.
- We added capacity and functioned as an extension of the customer’s team of three project managers.
Warehousing and FF&E Expertise.
- We received and inventoried FF&E from multiple vendors for all new office locations.
- Our vast national footprint enabled us to warehouse inventory in various locations simultaneously.
- We verified the spaces for new furniture, and provided installation services.
- We repurposed furniture from closed locations, or donated it to local charities on the customer’s behalf.
- We shared the project status from conception to completion by automating updates and reminders based on project phasing.
- We teamed up with our customer to create next steps for each phase in the project.
- We created dashboards to show project manager workflows and capacity to ensure efficiency and accelerate processes where possible.
“I want to share some good news. Yesterday…the team and landlord for our facility was extremely impressed and satisfied with our crew and service work performed there earlier this week. From what was shared, the building is very difficult to get in and out, and the facilities management is also seldom satisfied with service crews and the disruption that usually occurs.
We performed a move and partial decommission…and [GWS] went above and beyond to satisfy the expectations of our customer and their landlord. The continued professionalism, efficiency and organization that is represented by GWS needs to be commended. Thank you for being an extraordinary partner to us and our customer.”
–Business Development Manager, Furniture, American supply retailer
“Way to be a ‘Team of Teams!’”
–Director, Enterprise Accounts, American supply retailer